Fred M. Vaught | ChFC, CLU Retirement Planning Specialist
Fred M. Vaught is President of Capital Resource Management Inc. Fred specializes in helping his clients plan for their retirement. This process includes accumulation, protecting and managing retirement income portfolios. He has years experience in retirement income distribution planning.
Fred’s unique ability is drawing clarity out of complexity so that informed choices are made about money.
He obtained professional credentials of Chartered Financial Consultant (ChFC) and Chartered Life Underwriter (CLU) from the American College of Bryn Mawr, Pennsylvania, Certified Financial Educator (CFEd®) from Heartland Institute of Financial Education of Aurora Colorado and received his undergraduate education from California State University Fullerton in Business Administration.
Fred’s professional career began in 1979 with New York Life Insurance Company. While there, he was responsible for advising individuals and business owners about estate planning and life insurance.
In 1982, Fred served as a trust officer for Bank of America. During his tenure, he was responsible for advising individuals and families on the use of trust for the management of their estate.
Fred transitioned to E.F. Hutton in 1983 as an estate-planning specialist, providing in-house consultation to brokers and their clients on estate planning.
Fred established his own independent financial planning firm in 1984 as Executive Benefit Systems, Inc. He renamed it Capital Resource Management, Inc. in 1998.
Fred serves his community and industry as:
- Community Director of the San Diego Community of Kingdom Advisors
- A professional qualified member of Kingdom Advisors
- A member of the Society for Financial Professionals
- A member of the Society of Human Resource Management
- A member of the National Association of Philanthropic Planners.
- Served as past chairman of the board and founding board member of Legacy Endowment, the Community Foundation of North San Diego County.
- Served as past founding board member of the Christian Community Foundation of San Diego.
Fred has been married to Kaye for 34 years and has three children and four grandchildren. He and Kaye reside in Valley Center California and attend and are active at Valley Center Community Church.